Job Vacancy: Events Manager
C & E
25 Sep 2017
5 minute read
We are pleased to announce a full-time job vacancy for the position of Events Manager who will report directly to our Head Of Catering & Facilities, within the Events department at Edgbaston.
Events Manager Role
To take responsibility and accountability for the planning and execution of events, acting as Duty Manager for multiple events, exhibitions, banquets and conferences.
To liaise with relevant departments and lead and motivate a team with the appropriate skills to ensure budget targets are achieved.
To be customer focused and financially astute to achieve company and client objectives.
To deputise in the absence of the Operations Manager in accordance with the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland.
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
- To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Ensure that all costing and plans for events meet budgetary and client requirements.
- Liaise with the client to ensure the continual development of the partnership
- Communicate regularly with client
- Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning
- Ensure all client events are delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
- Demonstrates knowledge of events management with a focus on innovation and maintaining high standards.
- Ensuring all events operate to the minimum stated in the onsite SOP manual.
- Ensure that all direct reports are aware of their responsibilities towards our client requirements
- Have knowledge of all location products and able to advise the customer in a professional, helpful manner.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Operational management experience taking full responsibility for events of 300 covers plus
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
- Can do attitude and ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Computer literate
- Experience in an event or contract catering environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external customers
- Experience of working in an environment where there are peaks and troughs in demand during service times
- HND/Degree in relevant discipline
- BIIAB Personal License Holder - to be achieved within first 3 months in the role
GET IN TOUCH
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to: Claire Daniel, Head Of Catering & Facilities before Friday 20th of October.