Job Vacancy: Community Coordinator
03 Oct 2017
5 minute read
We are delighted to invite suitable applicants to apply for the role of Community Coordinator. The community Coordinator role is a full-time position reporting directly to our Head of Community Engagement.
This is a great opportunity to help support the growth of WCCC’s official charity the Edgbaston Foundation the primary entity through which the club’s community and social impact work is undertaken.
The Edgbaston Foundation brings the ‘Bears into the Community’ and aims to use cricket and the WCCC/Birmingham Bears brand as inspiration for positive change. Ultimately it is to see the club and cricket used for good within Warwickshire and Birmingham.
The Edgbaston Foundation has a youth focus with the knowledge that inspiring young people is where the charity can make its greatest impact and help make a long-term difference in society.
The foundation focuses on 3 key thematic areas:
Enable: Encourage young people to get active and where possible improve health outcomes
Enrich: Encourage young people to better themselves and acquire skills through education and training
Engage: Use cricket as a unifier and ensure everyone feels they belong as part of a diverse community. Within this area support disadvantaged young people, limited by conditions out of their control
As part of a small team this is an all-encompassing role offering the individual a variety of opportunities and experiences requiring a broad range of skills and the chance to enhance and develop new skills.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Encourage schools to participate in Edgbaston Foundation Primary School Programmes
- Operational execution for the delivery of schools programmes and coordination of staff
- Development of new programmes
- Support development of post-secondary programmes
Project & Events Management
- Oversee operational management of defined funded projects
- Oversee delivery, support staff including tour guides and apprentices
- Support planning and organisation of presence at community events
- Support execution of match day activities primarily volunteer management
Fundraising & Charity Relationships
- Generate fundraising ideas for the Edgbaston Foundation
- Support execution of dedicated foundation events and joint charitable activities
- Be point of contact for our charity relationships and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Oversee fundraising data and management of key online fundraising platform
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Accurate data management and monitoring of programmes
- Record keeping supporting the development of an annual impact report
- Use of Monitoring & Evaluation software
- Development of monitoring and evaluation processes
- Administration of tours and accurate data management
- Promotion of community and foundation stories on club website and social media
- Financial record keeping and invoicing
- Overall administration of all activities including charitable requests
- University Degree or suitable relevant experience
- Education sector or Charity sector experience highly beneficial
- Experience of community project management desirable
GET IN TOUCH
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to: Ravinder Masih, Head of Community Engagement before Thursday October 26th at 5pm.