Vacancy - Edgbaston Cricket Centre General Manager
Salary : c£25k
Following the recent announcement that Nick Archer is to retire in the near future it has now been agreed that his former responsibilities will be split into two.
Ed McCabe has already been appointed as the new General Manager for the Warwickshire Cricket Board and we are now seeking applicants for a new role with responsibility for running the Edgbaston Cricket Centre and in due course the new Portland Road site.
The principal accountabilities of the new role will be to:
1. Increase the utilisation and turnover of the Edgbaston Cricket Centre via both cricketing and other activities to ensure it operates at least at break-even
2. Liaise with the lead coaches for the Club and the Board to ensure the optimum use of space/time is achieved at both the Edgbaston Cricket Centre and Portland Road whilst achieving financial targets
3. Act as the main point of contact for the ECB and other tenants at either location
4. Ensure the necessary work is completed at the Portland Road site to allow junior age group and recreational use in 2015 and 2nd XI use in 2016 (this will be in conjunction with the appropriate project team)
5. Strengthen the contribution both facilities make to our community engagement programmes
6. Contribute to the coaching programmes and activities at both locations
7. Ensure high standards of maintenance, cleaning and safe operation at both locations
8. Prepare annual budgets (both revenue and capital) and develop longer term plans
9. Lead and manage those employees working at either location or delivering ancillary services
Candidates should have a good working knowledge of the Club’s cricket and community strategies; experience of running similar facilities and be able to demonstrate a track record of managing the appropriate finances/budgets. Ideally candidates will be at least a Level 2 qualified cricket coach and have a good knowledge of recreational, club and schools cricket in the Midlands. A wider network of contacts within domestic professional cricket would be an advantage.
WCCC is an equal opportunity employer and is keen to receive applications from as wide a spectrum of candidates as possible. Those wishing to apply for the post should submit their cv together with a covering letter to Colin Povey, Chief Executive WCCC at Edgbaston Stadium, Birmingham, B5 7QU or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org – the closing date for applications is Tuesday 17 June 2015 with first interviews scheduled for Monday 30 June.