Volunteer at the ICC Champions Trophy
The ICC is looking to recruit up to 600 volunteers from across the United Kingdom to support the ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
The eighth ICC Champions Trophy 2013 sees the top eight nations in the Reliance ICC ODI Rankings play in a 50-overs-a-side competition over 18 days, with matches taking place at Edgbaston, The Oval and The Cardiff Wales Stadium. Edgbaston hosts five matches, including:
- England v Australia, Saturday 8th June
- Pakistan v South Africa, Monday 10th June
- Australia v New Zealand, Wednesday 12th June
- India v Pakistan, Saturday 15th June
- Final, Sunday 23rd June
If you were inspired by the Olympics, this is your chance to be involved right here in England and Wales. You do not have to have any experience in volunteering to apply; training will be provided to all volunteers. There are some roles that will require an individual to have certain experience but the all the roles will need the volunteer to be friendly, committed and team focused to enhance the tournament and spectator experience.
Becoming a Volunteer
To be eligible to volunteer at the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 there are some basic eligibility criteria which you must meet.
- be 18 years of age before 31st March 2013
- be able to speak and read English
- be eligible to work in the UK
- be available for at least four shifts between Mid May 2013 and 23 June 2013
- be able to come to the venue you wish to volunteer at for a ‘face to face’ informal interview. These will take place at the venue you wish to volunteer at
- Attend one training day during April at the venue you wish to volunteer. (Option to attend on a weekday or weekend)
- be able to provide us with a phone number, postal and email address
- agree to a background security check
What areas can I volunteer in?
There are six main areas of volunteering across the tournament, not all of our roles will be high profile or in the front line. There are some volunteer roles that are required before the tournament and all of the roles are critical in supporting and creating a memorable ICC Champions Trophy 2013:
Activation / Entertainment Team
Event & Sponsors Activation volunteers will support the ICC and sponsors in the delivery of the activation / entertainment within the venue.
Volunteers will be required from Mid-May to assist in the production and distribution of accreditation passes. All individuals connected to the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 will be required to have a valid accreditation pass. Accreditation offices will be open at various times leading to the tournament.
Venue / General Team
Venue volunteers will support a variety of roles across the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 along with supporting ground staff.
Ticketing volunteers will support the ticket office staff at each venue in the collection / distribution of match day tickets.
Media volunteers will support the accredited media that covering the game. Working with the Head of Media, volunteers will support the written press and photographers providing relevant support throughout practice days and match sessions.
Hospitality volunteers will support the hospitality staff providing front of house presents and VIP ticket collections from hotels across the tournament cities.