CB40 Season Stats
14 September 2012
Ahead of tomorrow's CB40 Final at Lords between the Bears and the Royals, the ECB has released the top stats from this year's competition.
2012 Season stats
- 46 hundreds have been scored in the CB40 this season
- Nottinghamshire have scored the most runs in this year’s CB40 with 2564, three more than Lancashire.
- Lancashire have taken the most wickets in this year’s competition with 100
- Kent have been the most miserly bowlers this year, allowing just 4.72 runs per over.
- Surrey have the best bowling strike rate with a wicket every 24.6 balls, Warwickshire are second (24.9) and Lancashire third (25.6).
- Middlesex have been the fastest scorers at 6.57 runs per over
- Kent’s batsmen have proved the hardest to dislodge on average lasting 41 balls between being dismissed
- Nottinghamshire have conceded the fewest runs from wides this year (38)
Top 10 Stats from the inception of the tournament (2010 – present)
- Highest team total in the CB40 – 399 by Sussex v Worcestershire at Horsham in 2011
- Most team runs in the CB40 - Somerset with 8258
- Most team wickets in the CB40 – Somerset with 307
- Highest individual score in the CB40 - Moeen Ali, 158 for Worcestershire v Sussex in 2011
- Most sixes in an innings in the CB40 - Eoin Morgan, 11, for Middlesex v Lancashire, in 2012
- Most runs in a tournament by one batsman in the CB40 - Jacques Rudolph, 861 for Yorkshire in 2010
- Highest chase in the CB40 - Unicorns chased 326 v Sussex in 2010
- Best bowling figures in the CB40 - David Payne, 7-29 for Gloucestershire v Essex in 2010. This included a hat-trick
- Best economy rate in the CB40 (having bowled 20 or more overs): C.T Peploe, Unicorns, 3.76
- 10. 141 Hundreds have been scored in the CB40 - 45 in 2010, 50 in 2011, and 46 in 2012